French Brands’ Partnership Landscape - Février 2023
According to a recent study by the National Retail Federation, 65% of brands stated that partnerships were an important element of their marketing strategy. In February, many brands chose to use partnerships to boost their acquisition. We have analyzed these partnerships to draw lessons and advice for you to succeed in your own partnerships.
Find our overview at the end of the article. 👇
3 tips to optimize your partnership strategy
We've rounded up the 3 tips to steal this month from partnerships:
1. Collaborate with a company outside of your sector: Look for companies that are not directly related to your sector. This can help reach a different audience and add a touch of originality to the collaboration. Lancel and Bandit have executed this very well this month. It is the bold meeting between a DNVB and a luxury brand. Two French brands that love fashion, beautiful materials, and stylish accessories. Discover their collection of accessories for our furry friends, inspired by the iconic 'L' of Lancel.
2. Identify partners around a moment: Find partners whose offers complement yours. This will allow your partnership to have a stronger impact on your target audience and generate more sales for both parties. Olly and L’Alchimiste understood this well.
When a lingerie brand and a laundry brand come together, it's all about delicate clothing.
In an exclusive video, the founders explain step by step the essential steps to take care of Olly products with L'Alchimiste laundry detergent.
3. Opt for at-scale partnership: Partnerships are a powerful acquisition channel. With at-scale partnership, take it to the next level. Sqwad is an acquisition channel that allows you to reduce your acquisition costs by redirecting ultra-qualified traffic to your online store through brands that share your universe and recommend your brand to their customers via a widget.
For example, contests are an excellent way to gain visibility in a short amount of time, but how do you convert that visibility into sales?
❌ Without our widget, brands increase their number of followers.
✅ Thanks to the partnership between brands and our widget, brands can cross-recommend each other and increase their sales at a lower cost.
Archie and Anatae have opted for an at-scale partnership strategy.In February, the two brands launched a contest on Instagram. In addition to the visibility and followers gained from this post, they decided to extend their partnership even further to convert this traffic into sales. Through Sqwad, Anatae and Archie multiply the action of this post by mutually recommending each other to their customers on their product order confirmation page.
Analysis of the partnership between My Eli, Avril and Margot & Tita: boxes around an event.
My Eli, an acquisition strategy around boxes between brands.
For Valentine's Day, My Eli launched three special boxes, each containing three different MyEli bracelets:
• The lover box
• The sweetie box
• The date box
All three boxes also contain:
- A Margotettita Margot & Tita perfume
- An Avril Cosmetiques mascara
- A candle
- An Avril face mask
Spoiler alert, the brand has decided to repeat this strategy. For the month of March, it is launching the "Osez" box in partnership with Cygnes.
Best practices for this collaboration include
- Presentation of the box on the homepage.
- Communication on MyEli's social media 📱
- A special tab on the MyEli website. This allows visitors to access the box with just one click.
- An exclusive promotion on the box. For the Osez box, customers can purchase it for 95€ instead of 129€.
- Video thumbnails have been added to the product pages to redirect consumers to MyEli's partner Instagram page.
Why brands are packaging their products in boxes
Here are some benefits for brands to create partner boxes:
- Increase reach and reach a wider audience: By collaborating with another brand to create a box, brands can reach a new audience and increase their reach. Both brands can promote the box to their own customers and through their marketing channels, which can result in wider exposure for both brands.
- Create a sense of urgency and exclusivity: The special offers included in partner boxes are often limited in time or quantity, which can create a sense of urgency for customers who want to get the box. In addition, the fact that the box is only available for a limited time can also create a sense of exclusivity that encourages customers to buy.
- Strengthen brand image and customer trust: By collaborating with another brand, a company can strengthen its brand image by associating its brand with another reputable company. This can also help to strengthen customer trust, as customers may be more inclined to buy a product when it is associated with another brand they know and trust.
It is important for brands to choose a partner that matches their brand image and target audience in order to maximize the benefits of collaboration.
Favorite partnerships of the Month
- Circle X Saint James
- Kreme X Manucurist
- Archie X My Lubie
Below our february’s partnerships landscape